- Vibrant Modern Office Space
- Full time, 3 year fixed-term position
- $115,295 - $122,899 per annum + super
Who we are:
The City of Salisbury is a local government entity and encompasses an area of 158km2. We are a customer focused organisation, providing essential services to residents and visitors, in a dynamic and flexible working environment.
We are a progressive, sustainable and connected community, where we celebrate our employee's and community's diversity and where people are valued, feel safe, included and connected and have a sense of belonging.
Our values (ReACH) encompass Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Helpfulness. Do you want to work in a team-based environment, delivering projects for the benefit of the community?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader Economic Development to work with industry and across the organisation to shape and influence City of Salisbury's future by:
- Coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of the Economic Development Strategy for the City.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the Technology Park and Edinburgh Parks innovation precincts and the Polaris Business & Innovation Centre.
- Working closely with industry and academia to identify key initiatives to support workforce and industry development.
- Leading, empowering, managing and developing staff in the economic development team.
- Shaping and influencing the City of Salisbury's approach to economic development and leading our 'Business Friendly' agenda.
- Ensuring that our business advisory and business growth programs are relevant, meet client needs and are delivered in a contemporary manner.
- Proven inclusive leadership ability most notably the capacity to build and lead a team by harnessing their collective talents and strengths.
- Demonstrated application of high level strategic and innovative thinking.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills including report writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of issues affecting small business growth, innovation and viability.
What's in it for you?
Ability to join a dedicated team committed to supporting the City of Salisbury to become a progressive, sustainable and connected community.
Ability to become part of a hard-working dedicated team, making a difference to the community by playing a key role in driving Council's approach to economic development.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
Specific enquiries can be made to Leandro Lopez Digon, Manager City Shaping on 0450 255 660.
Applications close Sunday, 3 July 2022.