- Flexible working, great benefits
- Full time, 3 year fixed-term position
- $115,295 - $122,899 per annum + super
Who we are:
The City of Salisbury is a local government entity and encompasses an area of 158km2. We are a customer focused organisation, providing essential services to residents and visitors, in a dynamic and flexible working environment.
We are a progressive, sustainable and connected community, where we celebrate our employee's and community's diversity and where people are valued, feel safe, included and connected and have a sense of belonging.
Our values (ReACH) encompass Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Helpfulness. Do you want to work in a team-based environment, delivering projects for the benefit of the community?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader Strategic Urban Planning to work across the organisation to shape and influence City of Salisbury's future by leading the team responsible for:
- Initiating and formulating integrated strategic policy projects that support the development of Salisbury in line with its City Plan objectives.
- Delivering integrated spatial planning strategies, policies and projects, including the City Plan, Code Amendments, infrastructure agreements and other Council plans/policies that guide the future land use and built-form outcomes of the city.
- Co-ordinating involvement and the provision of expert advice on the development of strategic initiatives with State and Federal Government bodies, peak development organisations, the non-government sector, and other Departments to meet the city's complex urban planning objectives
- Leading the monitoring, evaluation and revision of Council's City Plan.
- Providing specialist advice and influence thinking within the organisation about potential responses to emerging urban challenges and opportunities to enable the Council to anticipate and plan for changing community needs.
- Proven inclusive leadership ability most notably the capacity to build and lead a team by harnessing their collective talents and strengths.
- Demonstrated application of high level strategic and innovative thinking.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills including report writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- A thorough understanding of the way urban infrastructure provision, housing, demographic change, the economy, transport, social development, facilities planning and community engagement interplay in a strategic land use planning environment.
What's in it for you?
Ability to join a dedicated team committed to supporting the City of Salisbury to become a progressive, sustainable and connected community.
Ability to become part of a hard-working dedicated team, making a difference to the community by playing a key role in driving Council's approach to strategic urban planning.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
Specific enquiries can be made to Leandro Lopez Digon, Manager City Shaping on 0450 255 660.
Applications close Sunday, 3 July 2022.