- Flexible working, great benefits
- $102,600 - $110,951 per annum + super
- Full time, permanent position
Who we are:
The City of Salisbury is the second largest council in South Australia by population with over
140,000 residents spanning an area of 16,000 hectares across the northern suburbs of Adelaide. Our vision is to be a progressive, sustainable and connected community.
Our community is diverse and growing and our future is exciting. Understanding our demographics and residents, our strengths and challenges, is critically important to framing and influencing organisational approaches to ensure we have a strong and vibrant community.
Our values (ReACH) of Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Helpfulness underpin our culture and reflects an aspiration to be a great place to work and an organisation respected by its community for achieving valued outcomes.
The Senior Social Planner - Reconciliation and Community Transport works as part of an integrated team leading important initiatives aimed at strengthening our community. The role leads the development of innovative responses and creating positive relationships to support an improved quality of life for the Salisbury community.
The Senior Social Planner will lead and influence significant community impact by both leading specific social policy initiatives as well as working within a team matrix.
A key area of responsibility will be to lead the City's approach to reconciliation and community transport. Council has recently successfully completed implementation of:
- Its Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2019-21
- Salisbury Community Bus trial.
The Senior Social Planner - Reconciliation and Community Transport will leverage this success to lead and drive further community and organisational impact. In addition to championing the community's public transport needs, as a priority, the role will lead and shape the City's strategy for improving reconciliation within the community, and lay the foundations that enable Council to expand its impact and the role it plays in achieving reconciliation outcomes.
This exciting and critical role will be integral to shaping the future of the City and will have an opportunity to influence at an enterprise and community level.
Who you are:
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for great community outcomes and a belief in evidence-based approaches. They will also have the enthusiasm and skills to navigate complex environments.
You will possess a high level of cultural competency, including:
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- A high-level ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- A high-level capability and commitment to continue to develop cultural competency.
Your cultural competency will be supported by:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in a relevant Social Science field.
- Experience in leading organisational wide strategies that influence and deliver 'step change' impact.
- Experience in undertaking complex research projects, the preparation of reports and submissions.
- Experience in project management and project delivery.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Sound knowledge of the major social issues, policy, programming and roles facing Government, communities and the `non-Government sector.
Respect, accountability, collaboration and helpfulness should be values that align with the way you work and your interactions whilst meaningful impact should be your personal measure.
People from Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of the City of Salisbury's future where you can learn, teach, experience, influence and create.
Our state-of-the-art office forms the heart of Salisbury's city, underpinned by a major redevelopment of the City centre. We have a strong focus on personal development, provide a flexible working environment, and are committed to doing things better through our significant investment in business transformation. Our City is unique and diverse providing a range of opportunities for you to ply your craft and make a difference.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
Specific enquiries can be made to Andrew Hamilton on 0403 002 732.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Monday 23 May 2022.