- Flexible working, great benefits
- Full time, permanent position
- $66,339 - $67,909 per annum + super
Who we are:
The City of Salisbury is a local government entity and encompasses an area of 158km2. We are a customer focused organisation, providing essential services to residents and visitors, in a dynamic and flexible working environment.
We are a progressive, sustainable and connected community, where we celebrate our employee's and community's diversity and where people are valued and feel safe, included, connected and have a sense of belonging.
To deliver the best service to our customers we strive for a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience a diverse workforce brings to our organisation.
Our values (ReACH) encompass Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Helpfulness. Do you want to work in a team-based environment, delivering projects for the benefit of the community?
Due to internal promotion an exciting opportunity now exists for an Electrician within the Building Maintenance team, to assist in the delivery of timely works through overseeing of maintenance throughout the council buildings infrastructure.
The City Infrastructure Department - Field Service Division is responsible for highly efficient and effective maintenance, over multiple building services, on council owned assets.
Specialist Skills, Required Knowledge and Conditions:
- Demonstrated knowledge of building assets and electrical services and systems.
- High level of communication and negotiation skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise and apply time management skills and manage work priorities to meet timelines.
- Ability and flexibility to negotiate a range of electrical solutions with external contractors and council stake holders
- Ability to interpret legislative and other legal documents and provide expert advice on matters relating to electrical maintenance and compliance.
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively as a team.
- Prepared to take responsibility and use initiative.
- Ability to provide clear recommendations regarding electrical services.
- Competent use of computers and associated software
- Have a current Drivers Licence.
- Have a current Electrical Licence
What's in it for you?
Ability to become part of a hard-working dedicated team, making a difference to the community delivering on an exceptional customer experience with the flexibility to manage what's important through an excellent work life balance.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
People who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity as well as people of culturally diverse backgrounds and of diverse abilities are encouraged to apply.
Specific enquiries can be made to Nick Martin, Team Leader Buildings, Workshop and Stores on 0481055238
Applications close 9:00am, Friday 10 December 2021