- Permanent Fulltime Position
- Salary Range: $87,095- $92,860 per annum + super
Bring your proven expertise in community development and youth participation to lead the delivery of innovative programs to support young people engage with their community as a pathway to education, employment and enterprise programs.
The City of Salisbury is one of South Australia's largest and most progressive Councils serving a growing community of 137,000 residents in a region of ever increasing economic and social importance to the State's future. With a turnover around $120m, assets of $1.8b and a significant public realm infrastructure program, the City has an exciting future focussed on enhancing the economic, community and sustainability agendas.
At the City of Salisbury we're creating an organisation of excellence. We are innovative, values-based and award winning with employees and volunteers who strive to positively impact our local community. We have a team spirit of helping one another succeed to be the best we can be. We are family friendly with flexible working hours. Excellent remuneration, free parking, salary sacrifice, purchased leave, professional development opportunities and a comprehensive employee wellbeing program are among the other benefits offered to our employees.
Reporting to the Manager Community Capacity and Learning, this role is responsible for the development, coordination and provision of our youth service programs, daily operations of the Twelve25 service delivery in line with the Strategic Youth Action Plan and the provision of advice and support to the Youth Council in strategic development.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following key knowledge and experience:
- A proven track record in leading and managing community program development and delivery
- Superior business management skills including preparation of budgets and reports, project management and the development and evaluation of programs and activities.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with initiative to solve problems
- Proven understanding of Local, State and Federal Government social and youth policy and legislation
- Tertiary qualifications in youth services, community development or equivalent.
The position requires availability to undertake limited out of hours work to deliver outreach programs and events.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
Specific enquiries regarding this opportunity can be made to Jo Cooper Manager Community Capacity and Learning on 08 8406 8298.
Click 'Apply Online' to submit your application! Applications close 9.00am Monday, 24 June 2019.